St. Gabriel's Episcopal Church
Content Copyright 2017. St. Gabriel's Episcopal Church. all Rights Reserved
1188 Ben Franklin Highway East (Rt. 422) Douglassville, PA 19518 | +1.6103853144 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Open Monday Thru Friday
3 to 6
Children 3 years old by September 1st enter the 3-6 Class.
Godly Play is the curriculum used. It is a Montessori approach using Old Testament, New Testament and seasonal stories. Multi-sensory materials are used for a hands-on experience. Teachers supplement Godly Play with additional lessons as needed based on holidays, seasons, and student needs. Our Sunday morning routine involves singing, communal prayer with the 6-9 Atrium, circle time, lesson, work time, and feast (snack).
6 to 9
Children 6 years old by September 1st enter the 6-9 Class.
"Spark - Activate Faith" is the curriculum used. Children explore Old Testament stories each fall and New Testament stories in winter and spring. The children gather together to explore the Bible, enjoy fun activities, pray, and grow in faith. Children see the connection to their life and get their family involved to keep the lesson going through the weel.
The 3-6 and 6-9 classes collect offering every Sunday as part of the communal prayer service. This offering is donated to support a school in the diocese of Kajo Keji, South Sudan, Africa.
9 to 11+ JUNIOR YOUTH
Children 9 years old by September 1st enter the 9-11+ Junior Youth Class.
Grapple is the curriculum used. It is a program designed for pre-teens. It takes tough questions that pre-teens face in their lives and provides Bible based answers along with discussions, games, team-building, and prayer. Children with discover God's truth together and build a solid faith foundation.
• Our annual Kick-off Breakfast and registration is held on the third Sunday of September to begin the new year of Sunday School.
• Youth Sundays are held several times during the year. Youth conduct the church service and the younger children often sing for the congregation.
• The 3-6 & 6-9 classes perform the story of the nativity at the early Christmas Eve Service each year.
• During Lent the children, along with the entire congregation, collect sacrificial offerings for a mission, most recently for Good Samaritan Orphanage, Tanzania.
• The children's and Junior Youth classes prepare and serve refreshments for coffee hour after church once or twice each year.
• Vacation Bible School is held each summer.
• Summer Sunday School (a simpler/shorter session) for ages 3-9 is held from late June through mid August.
ST. GABRIEL’S CHILDREN'S MINISTRY PROGRAM
For children 3-11 years old
“Teaching the children to learn and do the work of Jesus”
Carol Heist, Children's Ministry Coordinator
Our regular Sunday School program kicks off on Sunday, September 18th with a complimentary breakfast served in Adams Hall from 9 - 9:45 AM, class registration, and Sunday School. Beginning September 25th, Sunday School for the children's classes will begin at 9:15 AM in the church.